Located one hour north of Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Elk Ridge Resort is the province’s premier all season resort. Anchored by a 27-hole championship golf course, Elk Ridge Resort offers four-star accommodation with full amenities including a spa and indoor recreation facility, as well as luxury condominiums, estate lots and a brand new cottage development. We’ve recently been awarded the “Certificate of Excellence” from TripAdvisor and named “One of the Top 10 Winter Resorts in Canada” by Readers Digest.
Elk Ridge Resort is currently seeking a Wedding/Conference Services Co-ordinator! Our mangement team is different from most other teams out there. We are a group of people on a mission. We are building a team that will align with our resort marketing “Saskatchewan at its best!” We strive to be insanely awesome in all that we do. We provide great benefits, working conditions and coaching/mentoring for our team members. We hope that you have precisely what we need – an awesome attitude so that we can take this ad down immediately and have you join our team. This is an entry level management position within Elk Ridge Resort and will offer a great opportunity for the right individual to advance their career in the hospitality industry.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Actively participate and in all sales activities as it relates to catering revenues.
• Monitor and handle inquiry calls on a timely basis, ensuring that all messages are returned within an appropriate time frame.
• Manage and execute the terms of our wedding/event contracts for the event as outlined by the Director of Operations and Elk Ridge Resort standards.
• Coordinate and manage social functions, weddings, meetings and convention events by communicating between the client, front desk manager throughout the preplanning and execution phases.
• Monitor and manage guest room blocks through timely follow-up with clients and enforcement of contract cut-off dates.
• Detail function requirement accurately on Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) ensuring the client signs off on the function 30 days prior to arrival.
• Work closely with the client and resort departments throughout the duration of the event by being available to assist the client and resort departments at appropriate times.
• Responsible for the successful outcome of all events from pre-arrival through to post-departure.
• Maintain up to date information and follow entry guidelines in space management software (Maestro).
• Ensure payment is received according to resort guidelines.
• Coordination of all of the Elk Ridge Resort in house events. Currently 5 events, with plans to expand in this area.
SKILLS ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum 2 years experience as a Catering/Event Manager or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in event planning and food & beverage considered an asset
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be detail oriented and have the ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and possess the ability to resolve problems in customer service and satisfaction
• Be flexible with work schedule and be available to work weekends/evenings in order to accommodate our client's needs, attend events, on site client tours, trades shows etc.
• Experience and knowledge of Sales & Catering Operating system will be considered an asset
• Competitive Compensation
• A Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Employer Matched Retirement Savings Plan
• Full Access to Resort Amenities- Golf Course, Salt Water Pool, Waterslide, Hot-tub and Fitness Center.
• On Site Staff Residency
• The opportunity to play an integral role in the growth of Elk Ridge.
• Ongoing training and development.
• Meal Signing Privileges
Interested candidates should submit their resume to: email@example.com
Visit www.elkridgeresort.com for more information about us.
Elk Ridge Appreciates all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.